Thursday 8 October 2009

Lunch club tour -- Pakistani Community Centre

I am now nearing the end of my lunch club tour. On Tuesday, I attended the Pakistani Community Centre lunch club. It had taken me a while to get down there because first of all it was not on for the month of Ramadan and last week it was cancelled.

Tuesday is the men's club and there were about 10 of us there. I had some salad, chapatis and a saucy and spicy curry dish. This was followed by a sweet dish of chopped up noodles -- I am not sure that they were noodles but that is what they looked like. This was all washed down with a few glasses of water. The chef informed me that the food is different every week. It was very tasty and there is no charge.

The final stop on my tour will be the Age Concern lunch club at the URC.

No comments: