Wednesday 19 May 2010

Greens will not join local 'Con-Dem' coalition

BREAKING NEWS! The local media just call me for comment on the local ‘Con-Dem' -- Conservative and Liberal Democrat -- coalition.

For the record, I will not be joining the Conservatives and Liberals Democrats in a cosy coalition locally, replicating the national love-in by the same two parties. I will be working and voting on an issue by issue basis to best to represent my constituents and advance our fairness based election pledges of: more decent affordable housing, tackling crime and antisocial behaviour and better public transport, walking and cycling facilities.

Undoubtedly there are tough times ahead with the national 'Con-Dem' coalition pushing through billions of pounds of cuts. I will continue to work hard opposing cuts to front-line services, which look likely to hit the weakest and most vulnerable hardest. Fair is worth fighting for!

No comments: