Tuesday 2 August 2011

Bring back "lost" pedestrian crossings

A few months ago I lobbied the new Lead Councillor for Transport over the loss of a number of pedestrian crossings -- by the hospital, station and Jackson's Corner -- under the previous Conservative/LibDem administration. This was following on from a number of residents bringing to my attention the new difficulties and dangers of crossing at these locations.

At the time he wasn't even aware that we had lost the one near the hospital, but I was pleased that he was looking into what could be done to improve the facilities in these areas for pedestrians. From my conversations with him I understood that we would get an update on what is going to be done at the Traffic Management Advisory Panel in September.

Even though I believe that these problems are being addressed -- and so therefore am not sure about the value of a petition on this issue -- happy to support it.

No comments: